The Pinnacle Practice understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our clients in any context and will only use personal data in ways that are described here and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
If you have any questions or concerns about the data held about you, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or see below for further contact methods.
All card details are stored securely, we are unable to view your full card details.
All bank transfer information is viewed only by the bank and your name appears as the payee on all Pinnacle Practice banking statements.
Other information Gathered
Over the course of consultations at The Pinnacle Practice, information is gathered that allows the practitioner to make an informed professional decision as to the most appropriate assessment and treatment methods to be used. This information will include basic demographic data (e.g. name, date of birth, address, etc), as well as other information that is considered relevant. This will usually include the following:
- The nature of the problem for which you are presenting;
- Areas of behaviour related to the presenting problems;
- A history of the presenting problem;
- A family history of relevant information; and
- Other information deemed necessary to make an informed clinical judgement about the nature of the presenting complaint and other relevant factors
Confidentiality of Information
Generally, all information gathered over the course of assessment and treatment at The Pinnacle Practice remains confidential. There are several notable exceptions, however, to this confidentiality:
- All practitioners at the practice discuss their caseload with an experienced clinical supervisor in a supervisory relationship to ensure best practice. Information on the nature of the case (though not necessarily full identifying information) is shared with the practitioner’s supervisor;
- In the event that the practitioners form the professional opinion that either the client, or another individual is a risk for significant harm, a moral obligation may exist to act on this information with the aim of preventing such harm;
- In the event that a file is subpoenaed to court;
- In the event that a client gives permission to share their information by completing and signing a written consent form.
Use of Information
Information gathered by The Pinnacle Practice is used exclusively for the following purposes
- For the formation of a practitioner’s opinion which is used to guide assessment and treatment for the presenting complaint; and
- For the evaluation of the service provided by our practice, through collation of detailed statistics about referral sources, nature of presenting problems, attendance durations, etc. In all cases where information is used for statistical and research purposes, no identifying information is made available.
- For the purpose of occasionally and appropriately best informing any individual of our services, products, or follow-up care. Your contact details will never be used for marketing lists, sold to a third party or to bombard you with marketing material or information.
Security of Information
Information provided to The Pinnacle Practice is held both in the Client File and the practice Database (demographics and basic diagnostic information only). All files are held within the practice in locked offices, in locked filing cabinets or held electronically in a secure manner. Files only leave the Clinic when they do not have identifiable information on them. Ordinarily we avoid taking notes in consultations and any made are appropriately and securely discarded when no longer required. In any case, we only make notes on how best we can treat you given the information you have shared with us as opposed to making notes ‘about you’.
Requests for information may be made to The Practice Manager, The Pinnacle Practice, 10 Stokesay Walk, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 6TZ. Requests should be specific as to the exact information required and should be acknowledged within 14 days in writing. Once a request for information is received, The Practice Manager will conduct a thorough database review and collate the information in an appropriate manner to ensure adequate and full understanding on the part of the requesting person.
Procedure for Complaint/Rectifying Information
Official complaints or requests to change inaccurate or erroneous information should be made to The Practice Manager, The Pinnacle Practice, 10 Stokesay Walk, West Bridgford, Nottingham NG2 6TZ. In such cases The Practice Manager will conduct a review of the information held by the Practice and make every effort to ensure that such information is accurate.